HOME PRODUCTS PROCESS FINISHING & TREATMENT WORKS
CONTACTS
storia del cotto

The production of bricks in Cittą della Pieve is documented since XIIIth century. The city itself, whose structure belongs to the first half of XIIIth century, is made of this material which is produced on the spot thanks to the presence of high quality clay.
If we carefully observe the faēades and the floors of the houses of cities like Cittą della Pieve, we notice different typologies of worked bricks, going from Medieval Age to the whole XIXth century.

An historical event marked the importance of the production of this material for Cittą della Pieve. In 1250, after a period of municipal freedom, due to the protection of Emperor Frederic II of Svevia, the ancient Castel della Pieve, fell again under the control of Perugia.
As submission act, the city was obliged to provide a lot of terracotta, enough to pave the whole Piazza del Comune (Municipal Square) of the Griffon City (Perugia).

Since late XIX century, artisan production was converted into mechanized production at the establishment in locality Ponticelli. Until 1960 that was the only industry, not only of Cittą della Pieve, but also of the whole neighborhood, guaranteeing job to about four hundred units.
In 1990 our Company was born, taking ancient craftsmanship as model, in order to realize hand-made terracotta paving, to restructure and restore using the valuable local clay.
storia del cotto storia del cotto storia del cotto
  
cotto fatto a mano
Anticocottopievese - Tel. 0578.248266 - Mobile: 320.9190262 - vendita@anticocottopievese.it - P.Iva 03130150547
About usHistoric CentersOutdoorInteriorsReproductionPhoto galleryWhere We Are - english